Welcome to the NGS Home Page. This page provides
information on topics related to the New Generation System. From this
Home Page, you can access general information about the NGS system, its
current enhancements, future development plans, a schedule of events, and
news pertaining to NGS.
Alerts and Messages
Reminder to NGS DES:
- Facility updates and Contact information - Update Facilities after March 1, 2017 but before June 2, 2017. Also, remember to update all the "Migrant" and "Summer Migrant" contacts for the 2016-2017 SY.
May through August:
- Complete all Secondary Credit for the Spring Semester for early withdrawn students and then add the end of year courses for all students.
- Enter Recommended Courses for the Fall Schedule for students in grades 8-11.
- Request the Not on Time for Graduation list at the beginning of May and enter the information on NGS. Then print the On Time for Graduation Report (chose Not on time for graduation) at the end of the school year after all grades have been encoded on NGS and deliver the report to the MEP Coordinator/Director.
- Data Entry Specialists request the District State Assessment results by June 2nd and enter the information on NGS.
- Regular Term Coursework for grades 6-8 should be entered within 5 days of the end of the school year.
- Supplemental Program and Drop Out Recovery for all migrant students P0-12 and Non-Enrollees should be entered by June 30 or as soon as supplemental services are provided.
- Special Needs and IEP On File indicators for all migrant children who have a special need should be entered on NGS by May 1, 2017.
- Regular school year students should be withdrawn at the end of the school year before a District begins their MEP summer school program.
For more information about NGS,
choose one of the following items:
Colorado EDAC Approval
v 20.1 05/13/2016